Keeping a well stocked fridge can be a little tricky, because you don’t want to stock up on lots of produce only to have it go bad. That said, there are a few things I consistently get at the store once a week to keep because I know I’ll use them almost daily. As usual, feel free to modify according to your specific likes and dietary needs.
- Eggs – cage free is ideal if it fits in your grocery budget
- Almond Milk (I use this for smoothies and overnight oats)
- Spinach and/or Kale
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese (We are not above grilled cheeses for dinners over here)
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Greek yogurt (Whole milk is ideal here, the added creaminess is worth the extra natural dairy fats for me personally)
A few extras to consider:
- Fresh cilantro and parsley – until I find my green thumb, I will forever be buying fresh herbs from the store.
- Limes and lemons – Keep a couple in the fridge for dressings, and adding a fresh squeeze of citrus at the end of a dish can really take it to the next level
- Bell peppers – Great for quick and easy stir fries, or to slice up and snack on with hummus
- Mushrooms – Also easy to throw in to stir fries, or add an earthy flavor to vegetarian dishes
- Fruit for smoothies
- Corn/edamame/other veggies
- Pizza rolls (just necessary sometimes)
This list isn’t all inclusive of course, but a good place to start if you’re trying to be better about keeping staples on hand for easy dishes!